Thursday, April 3, 2008

Getting to Know You










This is my first time in the north. Many stories I have heard from our friends the Tymstras who lived there, as well as our friends from Yellowknife who come to show in Alberta. They have a wonderful organization there with a lovely barn and arena to ride in. Yes they have horses in Yellowknife. Good ones along with very good riders. I appreciate the opportunity to go and work with the riders; coaches and horses.


Before I started working, I was taken on a brief tour of some of the sites.









This is the view from Adrienne and Alan's house overlooking Great Slave Lake on Yellowknife Bay. The houses you see are houseboats. In the winter the residents of the houseboats can drive on the frozen lake to get to their homes. In the summer they boat. In spring break-up I understand it is quite dangerous.
Wild Cat Cafe
The Bush Pilots Monument


























No comments: