Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chase Creek

May 21-25 Jessica, Dashwood, Sallie and I made the 8hr drive to Chase Creek, BC, home of Nick Holmes-Smith for a 4 day cross-country clinic. This was Jessica and Dashwoods first time getting to play, and it is by far my favorite event clinic to attend.

Day one was brilliant for both Jessica and I, lots of playing in the water jump, banks, drop fences and ditches. The fences range from 18" to 1.20m so there is a lot of choices when it comes to something to jump. (Unfortunatly my photographer broke herself the second day and wasn't able to get photos of Sallie jumping the big stuff... perhaps next year!)

Days 3 and 4 I rode both Sallie and Dash, it's been a while since I've had to ride such a green horse XC. Sallie and I started to tackle some really fun yet challenging fences and lines- all the challenging excercises Trish builds at home makes riding the patterns Nick create much easier!

Jessica can't wait to get out and try it all over again, and has her sights set on recovering and perhaps riding pre-entry in September.
Written by Jenn Smart

No comments: